Bar Harbor has several sea based nature cruises where you can learn about a Maine Lobster Boat, the Lobster Traps, sail on a spectacular 151 foot schooner, explore the rocky coast of Mount Desert Island and Acadia National Park, watch majestic humpback whales, graceful seals, and nobel American Bald Eagles. Cruises can be up close and personal, custom designed for you, or part of larger groups. You have enough options to find the right situation for you and your family.
Summer: Atlantic Oceanside Hotel, 119 Eden St., Bar Harbor
Take a 2 hour, fully narrated cruise of Frenchman Bay and enjoy the breathtaking scenery of coastal Maine and Acadia National Park. Our Nature Cruises leave daily in search of eagles, porpoises, seals, and other interesting marine mammals and birds. We also feature views of timeless mansions, Egg Rock lighthouse and occasionally migrating birds that have ventured into Frenchman Bay.
1 West St., Bar Harbor, ME 04609
(207) 288-2386 or 1-888-WHALES-4
Bar Harbor's premier whale watching tour operator hosts excursions aboard “AtlantiCat” - a new $7 million high-tech luxury catamaran. Experience the magnificence of humpback, finback and Minke whales, also porpoises, seals, puffins, lighthouses and more. Offering on-site parking.
Bar Harbor Fishing Trips
- Come and fish Frenchman's Bay for cod, cusk, pollock, mackerel, cunner, sculpin, black sea bass, red fish, and the occasional wolf fish. All bait and tackle provided. Look for bald eagles, porpoise, seals, whales, lobstermen hauling their traps. Great fun for the whole family! Come join us!
- Dive-In Theater with Diver Ed!
- Experience Maine's only underwater sightseeing trip direct from
the bottom of the sea! You remain dry on the boat as divers go down
with a video camera which you watch on a screen. Then, divers bring
their catch directly to you on the boat to answer questions.
- Downeast Windjammer Cruises
- Enjoy a 1-1/2 hour to 2 hour windjammer cruise aboard the 151' schooner The Margaret Todd. Sailing from Bar Harbor, your choice of morning, afternoon or a sunset sail. Bring a picnic - fun for the whole family!
- Lulu Lobster Boat Ride
- Cruise the ocean in an actual Downeast-style Lobster Boat on a two hour tour while you get to experience the life and work of a Maine Lobsterman. The Captain describes all the parts of the Maine Lobster and how the lobster trap works. Watch nearby seals and other whildlife along the rocky coast.
- Sea Venture Custom Boat Tours
- Get a close-up look at Acadia National Park and Mount Desert Island with Captain Winston Shaw on his vessal called Reflection. The destination and other important details of the trip are custom designed around your personal interests and timetable.
Enjoy your Cruise!